About 3 weeks ago, I received Consonant Body‘s new travel-size (15 ml) Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream for dry skin, along with some samples of their other products. I haven’t tried any of the samples yet, but if they’re as good as the face cream, I will be ordering the full-size versions for sure! This review is going to be on just their face cream. By the way, I actually won this item on Twitter for being their 900th follower. You can follow them here. Just recently, they were giving away free samples of their new Antioxidant Superhero Serum on Twitter. How awesome! I definitely recommend you follow them.
Now onto the review…
- I have dry skin and I find this product to be highly moisturizing, but it does not leave behind any greasiness at all! It absorbs very quickly. I love this, because I can use it as a nighttime and daytime moisturizer. My “holy grail” face cream prior to this was the MAC Moisturelush face cream, which has now been discontinued. Although it moisturized my skin extremely well, it was quite greasy. So, I could only wear it at night. This cream moisturizes just as well, but it’s not greasy at all. I’m definitely sold!
- It hydrates skin for a long time. When I use it as a daytime moisturizer, it moisturizes my skin all day long (12 hours or so) and when I use it as a nighttime cream, it keeps my skin hydrated overnight.
- The 100% natural ingredients and organic botanicals are great for those with sensitive skin. I usually break out when testing new face creams, but this did not make me break out at all (another reason why I love this product!).
- It is travel-friendly and they even note on the packaging that it is Transport Canada and FAA carry-on approved. (What a smart idea! Whoever thought of that deserves a gold star, ha ha.)
- It comes unscented, so those with sensitive skin can enjoy it.
- The pump bottle packaging keeps the product hygienic and clean. I hate face creams packaged in tubs, because it’s not sanitary having to dip your fingers into the product every time. So, I really like this packaging!
- I get to support a Canadian company by purchasing their products. What’s even better is that since they’re based in Toronto (my hometown), I am also supporting a local company by buying from them. Yay!
- Some may find it quite pricey ($18 for 15 ml or $54 for 50 ml). However, it is significantly cheaper than other natural face creams at Sephora.
- I’m personally not sensitive to fragrances in skin care products, so I would enjoy a fragranced version. Hopefully, they come up with a variety of scents to suit everyone’s noses (*fingers crossed*).
All in all, this brand is definitely worth checking out. I still need to give it some more time to see if it reaches a “holy grail” status in terms of face creams (ha ha), but I will be purchasing from them for sure! I can’t wait to test out their samples next!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
P.S. Don’t forget to watch me on “daytime Toronto” (Rogers TV) this Tuesday at 10am live! I will be sharing my top tips for successful, long-term weight loss.